The UK has a thriving community of freelancers and software consultancies. We run a Talent Directory of service providers that could help your company/organisation to implement OpenStreetMap-based products and services.
These could range from:
- displaying an OSM map on your web page
- designing and generating custom map tiles
- using OSM data for routing information
- how to add detail to the map for use in your products
- a multitude of ways to process the data
Our page on how to use OSM has more ideas and details.
This is generally intended for paid-for engagements, but could be unpaid too.
The process is simple:
- you, a company/organisation, contact the OSMUK board
- we discuss the opportunity with you
- we send out a simple Invitation To Tender (ITT) email to directory members (What/Where/Who/When/Why/How much)
- directory members introduce themselves directly to you
- the requester selects an appropriate provider and works with them
- if nobody applies or is selected we will try to provide someone from the board
Or maybe you are a provider who wants to join our talent directory