Last night’s concall made some good progress: there are no minutes (Greg we missed you!), but here is a summary of decisions and contentions
1. Name to appear on incorporation documents will be OpenStreetMap United Kingdom Community Interest Company. No doubt in everyday use this will get shortened to OpenStreetMap UK, but our legal name will be the full monty
2. Drafting needed to ensure that co-option of Directors is subject to the same maximum (15) as elected Directors
3.Drafting needed for Directors election timetable
4. Removed all clauses (para 40) relating to member organisations (these will be covered by Associate Members)
5. Can’t remember what we decided on natural persons being Associate Members
6. After the meeting thought: do we need to insert a clause with an obligation to keep a register of Associate Members (as OSMF has in its AoA)?
7. AGMs were agreed – timing as per draft
8. Incorporation Document CIC36 Community Interest Statement needs drafting – Brian to prepare a draft
9. Founding members – more are needed urgently – there’s no subscription set at this time. Remember that the first General Meeting will be held soon after incorporation where the Directors listed for incorporation will all resign for new ones to be appointed by the membership and various matters will be discussed and agreed which aren’t appropriate in incorporation documents (e.g subscription rates). If you’re not a founding member I guess legally you can’t participate. Send your full name and address to osmuk at nomoregrapes.com (this is Greg Marler )
9. Powers of Directors. This was a contentious issue and took up most of the meeting. We agreed a way forward but there was considerable discomfort about the outcome. It’s fundamental to the organisation so deserves a wider discussion: expect a separate email and discussion shortly.
10 Next concall Thursday 28 April 8pm
Anyone who was present at the concall please add or correct