360 degree cameras are a great way to collect photos to help add data to OpenStreetMap. We have purchased an LG 360 camera that is available to rent to OSM UK members (become a member).
Rental is for a period of 3 weekends and costs £12.00. This should give you plenty of time to get out and about with the camera over the weekends or on the weekdays in-between. The charge is made up of delivery and return delivery (£3.90 + £3.90) and fee (£4.20) that goes towards covering the cost of this scheme.
We include a monopole and memory card with the camera. To upload your photos to a service such as Mapillary (for later use in OpenStreetMap) you will need also need a computer.
Arranging a rental
To arrange a rental, please review the calendar below for a suitable period and contact email@example.com with the date and your OSM UK membership details (name and address). Once confirmed you will be directed to the payment site.
LG 360 availability:
Terms of rental
- For company Members use only. For OSM activities only. No personal use.
- Handheld use only. No mounting to vehicles.
- Not to be used during rain/precipitation, below 0°C or above 35°C, or during high wind.
- For loss or damage we request that you contribute £50 as a minimum with more on a voluntary basis.
- The cost of return delivery is included in the rental fee.
- Late returns will incur a fee of £6.00. Increasing by an additional £6 per week (they also cause an inconvenience for the next hirer).
- On receipt please check that you have all the parts: LG 360 Camera, Cap (squeeze the buttons to slide this off), USB Cable, Micro SD card (inside the camera), Monopole, lens cleaning cloth and return delivery sticker/stamps.